You might have seen a ton of blog post titled “5 tips for a trip to Paris”, “29 things to do in Greece”, and more. But very few of them, if any, is willing to select a good travel destination for each type of traveler.
Being a travel blogger, I had encountered quite a number of people who asked me what the best place is to go for their vacation. My answer was always the same: pick a place that fit with your travel style and reason to visit.
Firstly, uncover your style, your type. Are you a ‘Madrid person’, or a ‘Greece Person’? Do the sandy Egyptian pyramids attract you, or do you prefer snow, outdoorsy mountains? Do you get off on experience, on getting to know other people, or do you prefer an all-adult package vacation?
Secondly, are you travelling for business or pleasure? Are you going to the beach for a week with your family, or is this a last quick getaway before the baby arrives? You need to answer these basic questions to yourself before reading this blog.
5 minutes later…
Did you? Yes, you did. Now, we’re mainly going to focus on the second question in this article.
Types of travelers and tips for them:
A holiday is the best time of your life to enjoy some good food, travel around, see a new place and learn about various cultures. Travel around for a week or two and you will see that the world really is an amazing place to explore.
Holiday travelers would want tips on:
· 19 Top-Rated Things to Do in France | PlanetWare
· 17 Best Places to Visit in South Africa (+Map & Tips) (fullsuitcase.com)
· Where can I go on a budget vacation?
· How can I pack light for my trip to London?
· What is the best time to visit Spain?
Tips for holiday travelers:
- Pick a place that has lots of things to do, see, eat and most importantly, budget worthy. People often pay more-than-necessary in the name of holidays.
- Prepare your trip before heading out on your vacation. Check what’s going on in the area you’re visiting. When’s the local holidays in Rio de Janeiro? How many hours are there between New York and Boston?
- If you enjoy meeting new people and getting into different cultures, make sure to pick an accommodation nearby so that you can meet other people from around the world!
- Most importantly, pick a place that you will remember for the rest of your life – you and your family deserve such vacation.
Whenever the word ‘backpacker’ comes into action, the 17-year-old me pops up in my brain. Back in the day, I was a backpacker. I went on short break twice a year, travelling on a bed of air or on my dog’s back. Backpackers are worldly travelers who are open to new and different cultures of the world.
Tips for backpackers:
- Don’t go as backpacking baby! Pick a place that has places to see, do and things to eat. Your cheap flight ticket will eventually come to an end, so you have to spend time on planning your trip.
- Pick places where you can meet other people and are able to learn about different cultures and traditions of the world.
- Do not carry Jewlry and valuable items.
- Try to choose an easy destination, especially if you’re a newbie backpacker.
Many people think that budget travelers only travel on a lower budget, meaning that they skip the tourist places for cheaper restaurants and lodging. In fact, there are lots of different types of budget travelers who go on their trip for different reasons. Some of them travel alone on a personal quest for self-discovery, some are travelling with family to explore the strength and bond between family members.
Budget travelers would want tips on:
· Are there any cheap airlines that fly from New York to Chicago?
· Where can I go with my family on a weekend trip with less budget?
· Are there any nice hotels I can stay at in London during Christmas?
· How can I save money when going to France for vacation?
· 10 BEST Places to Travel on a Budget in 2022 (nomadicmatt.com)
Tips for budget travelers:
- Pick an itinerary of your destination, which is cheap and within your budget range. Make sure to pick a place which you can afford.
- Be flexible and open, as this is the best time to discover new experiences of life. Try new things, challenge your comfort zone and have fun!
- Get off the beaten track! There are many places where you will enjoy travelling even more than on a cruise ship or in a four-star hotel.
- Try to find that actual feeling of travel. A budget trip is better than expensive ones in times.
The first trip should be an unforgettable experience. First timers would be people who want to explore the world; to meet other people, new cultures and see some amazing places around the globe. This type of traveler considers this trip as his living life to the fullest.
First-timers would want tips on:
· Where in the world can I go for my first solo trip?
· Should I go to South Africa solo?
· 40 Best Places to Visit in Canada (With Photos) For 2022 Vacay! (traveltriangle.com)
· What is a good destination for visitors under 30 years old?
Tips for first timers:
- Book your trip! Start planning now, there are lots and lots of questions you have to answer before you hit the road.
- Research the area you’re visiting. Look up on the local events in your destination, where the best places to visit are and what is going on at that moment in time.
- As you are traveling for the first time, take enough time off so that you can enjoy your trip to the fullest.
- There are no bad weather, only bad clothes!
- Before leaving on your trip, make sure you get a travel and insurance policy that will cover you in any circumstances.
- Make sure to learn about the local traditions and customs of the area so that you won’t break them accidentally during your stay there!
When I was working, I had the opportunity to travel all around the world on business trips. I experienced the best and worst parts of each city and country. Sometimes, I didn’t know what to expect from the next day, but I would be rewarded with a fresh start after my exhausting day at work.
Business travelers would want tips on:
Tips for business travelers:
- Business, business, and more business! For most businesses, it is essential to have reliable and quality communication channels with your colleagues, subordinates or clients. In addition, business travelers must also think about their safety.
- Take advantage of the free time you have at the airport before your departure to catch up on some reading or rest for the long flight ahead – even just a few minutes can make a significant difference in how you feel during your trip.
- When travelling for work you need to keep in mind that some countries are cheaper on business trips as opposed to leisure travel; there are an abundance of deals out there if you know what you’re doing!
- Plan and schedule ahead. Even small decisions can add up to a big difference if you plan your trip correctly. If you want to save money when travelling, think of ways to cut down the costs of your trip, such as staying at a cheaper hotel chain, eating at cheap restaurants, using cheaper transportation methods, or even using a budget airline.
- Remember that the world is not always green and pleasant; you should plan for tough situations as well as mange to enjoy the sunsets on the beach.
Travel vloggers are mostly young and active travelers who travel solo or with small groups of people to make videos in YouTube, write posts on Tumblr or any other social network. These young travelers usually make mini-series of their journey and share their personal experiences.
Vlogger travelers would want tips on:
· Which is the best phone for travellers?
· What is the best tablet for vlogging?
· Free travel apps?
· What are the latest cameras to buy for my vlogging channel?
· What camera should I take with me on my next trip?
· What laptop would be perfect for me to edit my videos on a long trip?
· 16 Ways to Promote Your YouTube Channel for More Views | Sprout Social
Tips for vloggers:
- Your camera shapes your videos and your way of editing.
- A good camera is a must! Therefore, choosing the right equipment for you is the key to creating a great video that can attract your viewers. You do not have to buy the most expensive equipment out there; however, it is important to pick one that fulfills all your needs.
- Make sure to have fun while shooting and editing! Don’t forget that people watch your videos because they want to see something interesting happen and follow you in this journey!
- It’s important to be yourself and make your videos funny!
- Don’t forget that the best way to improve your vlogging skills is practicing! You can do this by streaming live videos on your channel or watching other vloggers’ work. There are many good sites that let you download free m4v videos from YouTube, such as Dailymotion.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things, even if they turn out bad, it is just like a part of travelling and life in general!
- Don’t forget to ask advice from your viewers! A lot of people are willing to help out when you have a question and may even have some tips for you!
- No matter what, don’t leave your laptop at home! You should always take along an external hard drive, especially if you plan on doing any kind of editing or recording on the road.
- Don’t be afraid to start a different social network such as Twitter or Instagram to keep in touch with all your viewers and friends.
Group travelers are people traveling together in groups for various reasons. These groups can be formed through family, friends, sports teams, work colleagues or even strangers. They travel for many reasons such as vacation, education and humanitarian aid.
Group travelers would want tips on:
· Risks of traveling in groups?
· How to cope with group dynamics.
Guide to getting lost on vacation (and what to do if it happens to you) (uhcsafetrip.com)· How to pick the right meeting location or platform for your group members.
· What is the best way to do group travel?
· How to Travel With Kids – Travel Guides – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
· What is the best way to travel with friends?
· How to Travel Alone Without Being Lonely: 10 tips & 12 posts (solotravelerworld.com)
·7 Ways to Make Friends While Traveling Solo (tripsavvy.com)
Tips for group travelers:
- Traveling in a group, with the people you know and trust, can be a great idea. However, there are some risks associated with this choice. You are sometimes prone to getting lost when there are a ton of people who are responsible for your safety.
- Let people in your group know where you will be at all times using the communication tools you have available while travelling.
- Get acquainted with your group members before going on the trip and arrange to meet up one-to-one to talk about how well you work together and how well everyone gets along with each other.
If you are travelling alone, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the culture of the city and the country you will be visiting. If you are a novice traveller and have little experience of travelling, do not be surprised if people laugh at your mistakes during an encounter.
When I travelled alone, I met people from other cultures who taught me what their way of life was like, why they moved to that country and many other things. My first time travelling alone was amazing! I had the chance to meet new people with interesting stories to tell.
Tips for solo travelers:
- It’s not always easy travelling on your own, especially if you have never visited that city or country before. Try booking a guided tour – it’s an excellent way of getting around an unknown place and meeting people along the way.
- Use voice assistant apps to make calls and book a taxi directly from your smartphone.
- Don’t forget to take pictures and keep a diary of your trip, so that you can look back at it in the future!
- Always keep your bags zipped up when you are out and about! This is especially important if you are carrying more than one bag.
- Traveling alone doesn’t mean that you are lonely; you will always find someone who wants to hang out with you, as long as you are open for new acquaintances!
- If there is anything that worries or scares you, don’t be afraid to ask for help! People will be willing to help and advice any practical way they can.
- Try to make new friends; you’ll have a great time of it if you do! Even if your trip is over, you’ll still have people to talk to.
- It’s always good to take along a map, even in the most familiar city. Maps are the best way of getting around and knowing where you are going.
- Remember that there are always people who want to chat and share their experiences with you! You will never be alone as long as you go out and meet people from different cultures!
Don’t forget to share your travel experience in the comment section below.